Friday, December 14, 2012

MIA

Ok people.  I survived two of the craziest weeks in my educational career, thus far.  I realize that I have been missing in action.  The whole point of blogging is being able to share moments from the crazy ride we call life.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to breathe the last two weeks - but that's ok!  Now to enjoy a month long break from school!  Before I begin a series of "catch up" posts, I have to tell you about the strangest thing that happened the other night at Choir practice.

We all gathered in the Choir room for what we thought would be a routine Wednesday night rehearsal.  Little did we know that this rehearsal would be far from routine and ordinary.  As the rehearsal came to order, I noticed that Pastor was making his way around the church, locking all of the doors.  This didn't strike me odd since he had to leave early.  As we began to sing, I heard a knock at the door.  Just a few Choir members running late for rehearsal.  No big deal.  As we continued rehearsing, I heard the door open and close.  But wait!  The door was locked.  I looked back and caught the glimpse of a red sleeve trimmed in white.  Nah, it couldn't be.  The jolly man in red?  Without even noticing it, out loud I said, "Santa?!"  "I saw him too!" exclaimed Carly.  Well, at least I wasn't the only crazy one there.  But the door was locked.  How could this alleged Santa get in?  Our Choir director explained that Santa doesn't need a key to get through locked doors.

Come to find out, a fellow Choir member had been all over town, dressed as Santa, delivering gifts to those less fortunate.  He has a key to the church and decided to just let himself in, aiming to not disrupt Choir rehearsal. 

During the chaos of the Holiday season, remember to enjoy the little things.  We often get caught up in the hustle and bustle of shopping and tending to the millions of things to do before the big day that we forget exactly why we are celebrating.  

More to come...

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment