Monday, September 17, 2012

Blasé Monday

It was brought to my attention this evening, by my best friend Brock, that I haven't been the best blogger lately.  "Y U NO BLOG?!" he asks.  Let me catch you up on today's shenanigans. 

I've settled back into the school routine quite seamlessly and painlessly.  As painless as possible considering parking is atrocious on campus.  I feel that I have been going nonstop since 2 weeks before school even started.  Well, let me tell you.  Today was the day that it caught up with me.  We all know that Monday's are typically blasé.  Today started out fairly routinely.  I certainly was not ready to get out of bed when the alarm went off at 6:15.  I forced myself out of bed, got ready, grabbed my oh-so-wonderful Throat Coat tea and hit the road.  My first class was fine.  Boring.  Whatever.  Then I reported to my voice teacher for APS work.  He instructed me to make some copies down in the teacher work room.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  Well, at least that's what I thought.  I proceeded to the workroom where I discover that the copier was experiencing some technical difficulties - difficulties that took 3 people (including myself) over 20 minutes to solve.  Darn xerox machines!  We got everything taken care of and I began copying.

Then I hear a terrible screeching sound coming from the hallway.  Great.  The fire alarm.  At this point, I was contemplating ignoring it, but as soon as I would, the building would really be on fire and it would collapse on me.  I left the copy machine running and headed out only to realize once outside that I no longer had a key to get into the teacher work room.  Great.  Luckily the sounding alarm was only a routine drill.  I tracked down a key, finished my work, and went on my daily business.  

The day had significantly shaped up until the time for Chemistry rolled around.  I proceeded to class only to be told that out of 125 students in the classroom, only 7 people were still enrolled - the rest purged from ETSU!  Say what?!  Purged?!  You heard right!  Today, thousands of students across campus were purged from records for no apparent reason.  The school worked all day to restore these issues and are just now being fixed.  It proves problematic when the majority of your homework is to be completed online.  Anyway, we are back up and running now!  My day significantly shaped up after a wonderful performance in Vocal Studio.  It was my first time singing solo French repertoire and it went surprisingly well.

Busy week ahead:  Babysit tomorrow night.  Church Wednesday.  Seuss Thursday.  And off to Knoxville for a fun weekend with my best friends on Friday!  I promise I will catch you up on my life as of late soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment