Saturday, September 8, 2012

The BIG Two Zero!

Well, folks.  It's official.  I survived the dreaded teenage years - braces, acne, and all.  Last night, I was expecting to wake up this morning feeling differently, but to no avail.  I fell exactly the same.  No surprise.

Anyway, I spent my day cheering on the greatest football team in the south, the Tennessee Volunteers!  There's nothing like sitting out in the rain with thousands of other die-hard fans dressed in bright orange, doing the wave and singing Rocky Top at the tops of our lungs.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Birthday.

Looking back, the dreaded teenage years weren't so bad in my book.  Of course they are full of changes, zits, voice cracks, and embarrassing moments, but when you have supportive friends and family, non of it is so bad.  I am incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.  I am truly thankful for each and every one of you.  Thank you for being there for me over the past 20 years.  Here's to 20 more!

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment