Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Catch up - WARNING: This post may get lengthy!

 After a day like today, my brain is fried.  I cannot force one more ounce of knowledge into my brain tonight, so instead of studying into the wee hours of the morning, I thought I would catch you, my faithful readers, up on what has been happening in my life.  After class today, I headed over to Heather's for a fall Family photo shoot.  First off, let me say, taking wonderful photos is a lot more challenging than one might think - especially with a two year old.  But this child, whom you've seen in previous posts, is just so stinkin' cute!  I just love him!  I really hope I at least got a few good shots.  We'll see!

I had planned on spending this past weekend with my best friends, Brock and Jonathon, in Knoxville.  I looked forward to catching up with them all last week.  After all, I haven't seen them for almost 2 months.  I had all the logistics planned out - what time I needed to leave, what we were going to do - it was going to be a wonderful weekend full of much needed stress relief (yes I'm stressed, and it' only week 4).  My plans quickly backfired as I realized my weekend had become one scheduling disaster.  Somehow, my fool-proof method of date keeping had failed me.  Everything went wrong on Wednesday.  A professor at school first notified me of a mandatory event taking place on Friday night.  No problem, I thought.  I will just head to Knoxville early Saturday, spend the day catching up, go to the game, spend the night and come home Sunday evening.  Then, I went to church where a small child informed me that I had rehearsal Sunday afternoon.  Say what?  Rehearsal?  On Sunday?  There flew my plans, out the window.  I still went to the game on Saturday, which was fun.  Brock's Mom, Amy, came down to set with us for the second half of the game.  She took this wonderful family.



 
While at the game, we were looking through photos from the Florida game, and realized that my brother got (by accident) a wonderful shot of Brock!  Now just to get an action shot of Jonathon.  Anyway, this weekend is a big one for the Vols!  Wish I could be in GA this weekend!

The weekend before last was quite sad.  Heaven gained a wonderful angel Thursday, Sept. 13.  Dear family friend, Sue Brown is no longer in pain, after battling cancer for the past year.  Always caring and loving, Sue loved the children she taught and touched the lives of many!  I wish I could say more, but at the moment, I simply can't!  Thank you, Sue, for everything!

On a happier note, next Sunday, Oct. 7, is our first Chorale concert of the season!  All of you living in the area should come enjoy a "Choral Collage."  Director, Dr. Alan Stevens, will be showcasing the versatility of the ETSU Chorale by leading us in performing a wide and unique variety of musics including Siberian, Jamaican, and Folk.  A fun time is guaranteed!

On the "Seussical" front - I'm having a blast!  I have rehearsal tomorrow evening and we run through Act 1 Sunday afternoon!  Super exciting stuff.

I'm sure I've left out a million things - all of which I will remember as soon as I hit the publish button.  Oh well.  That's all for now.  Thanks for reading!

peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment