Monday, October 1, 2012

Wonderful Feeling/Feeling Wonderful

Happy Monday y'all!  Is that an oxymoron?  A Monday - that is happy?  I think not!  Despite the crummy weather, today was an exceptional Monday.  Why such a wonderful Monday, you may ask?  Well, I'm not quite sure.  After finally overcoming the zombie stage from waking up so early,  I entered a slight stage of panic.  This morning, I officially hit my mid-semester freak out period.  I woke up overwhelmed from thinking about all I have to do in such a short amount of time.  When are my next assignments due?  I have a million tests to study for - a million papers to write - a million songs to memorize and sing...the list goes on and on.  Those of you who know me quite well realize that I'm a worrier.  I constantly worry and stress.  Then it happened.  I experienced this sort of peace come over me.  It's hard to explain.  All I knew at that moment was everything will be ok.  All I needed to do was take a moment to sit back and listen.  It was like a smack in the face.  God doesn't speak to us in the chaos.  He speaks to us in the still, quiet moments.  As for today, He had to say STOP!  LISTEN!  If not, I would still be running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  Remember, when you start feeling this way, simply stop, take a deep breath, and listen.  It is a fantastic feeling knowing that no matter what, everything will work out.

Thanks to this experience, I completed an extreme amount of work this afternoon and evening.  What a wonderful feeling!

Have a blessed October.  Talk to you soon!

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment