Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Break

My dear faithful readers,

I give you my greatest apologies for not blogging lately.  I can tell you have been checking in frequently and I am sorry I have not posted anything for you to read.  There is no need to provide a million excuses because if I got started, we would be here all night.  Anyway, on to catching you up on my crazy but wonderful life!

Well, yet another Fall Break is coming to a close.  I plan on sleeping in tomorrow in hopes of storing up enough energy to help me survive the coming weeks.  All of you know that I am involved in everything under the sun.  A few weeks ago I finally came to the realization that I am going to be extremely busy for the rest of my life, so why not embrace it?  I am constantly on the go, but I wouldn't have it any other.  After reading through the last few posts, I realized that many of them hardly any direction and nearly no flow.  Sorry.  I guess that's what I get for blogging late at night when my brain has turned to mush.  


A few weeks ago, my precious little cousin, Hannah, turned 4!  We had a small party for her.  Nothing extravagant but I think she really enjoyed it.





My rehearsal schedule has been insane lately preparing for our first Chorale concert of the season, which took place last Sunday.  The concert went very well and was enjoyed by all!  Now on to Christmas music - my favorite!


A few of my Chorale friends!

This past Saturday night, we celebrated our friend Artie's 30th Birthday party.  We all dressed up as movie characters.



I went as Harry Potter and Tyler went as Indiana Jones.  Sadly, a lot of people didn't know who I was.  What is wrong with society these days?  Haha!  We had a wonderful time sitting around the fire pit and catching up.  Heather and Artie dressed as characters from 80's film Revenge of the Nerds.  Grayson dressed up as well.



Even though this photo speaks for itself, I will say that this is the most awesome kid ever!  Don't you just want to mush him!   He brings a great deal of joy into my life every time I keep him.

Last night was our annual Church hayride - always one of my favorite events of the year!  It was originally scheduled during my Concert last week, but due to the rain, the Church was forced to postpone, which was great for me!  My best friend Morgan was home for break as well, so we had a wonderful time catching up on the last few months.



Unfortunately, I was bitten by some terrible creature over ten times last night!  There must have been some bug in the hay because Tyler and Mom were bitten as well.  While observing today (more below) I began to itch.  One by one, small spots began popping up.  Oh no, I thought.  I've been in Elementary school one day and I already have the chicken pox.  I never had them as a child.  I did receive the vaccine and the booster, but you never know.  Turns out that I'm simply covered with bug bites.  Nothing a few Benadryl won' fix tonight.

I also have some EXTREMELY exciting news!  I will be spending my Spring Break in London!  I have been given the opportunity to take this trip with small women's vocal ensemble called "Ten Times a Lady!"  My voice professor directs this women's ensemble and asked if I would like to go.  Well, certainly.  Of course I won't be singing on this trip since it's the Ladies tour, but I'm sure we will have a wonderful time!  More about that to come!

I spent today observing in an Elementary school.  Although this was not my ideal way of spending my break, I learned a great deal.  It simply confirmed my passion to teach children.  I'm excited to see what the future has in store.

This weekend, I'm heading to Knoxville to spend time with my best friends, Brock and Jonathon.  As you probably read in a previous post, my plans to visit a few weeks ago were nixed.  Fingers crossed for no scheduling conflicts this time!

Friday night, I put my "mad awesome" Photoshop skills to use.  Actually, I'm terrible with Photoshop, but somehow I managed to create a Facebook coverphoto to promote the show.  All of the white space (to the left) is where the profile picture conveniently sits next to the Cat.  Anyway, I was pretty proud of it.  Tickets went on sale TODAY!  Call now before they are gone!  This is a show you will not want to miss!



Once again, I've successfully completed a blog post that hardly flows.  I guess that's just the way my brain works.  I always have a million things on my mind and I guess that's the way it will always be.  Mind as well embrace it.

peace and blessings y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment