Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Long time no see.  I hope y'all are doing well!  What about this weather we're having?  Crazy, huh!?  I hope you had a wonderful Halloween.  I wish I could've posted earlier, but alas, not enough hours in the day.

I had quite a fun day myself!  We all decided to dress up for Chorale rehearsal today.  Problem was, I had class from 8:15 right until time for Chorale at 11:30, so I trudged myself through the blistering air and snow flurries dressed in costume - people staring the whole way.  And my costume was quite subtle.  See...


I can only imagine how they might have looked at me if I went all out.  Makayla and I dressed as The Black Eyed Peas!
Side note: 
I realize that most of the photos I post, you can see in my Instagram feed as well.  I only do this to my absolute favorite photos so you can see them in all their glory.

I got back in town just in time to help promote "Seussical" downtown at Halloween happenings.  Once again, I bundled up in my winter gear and headed out to brave the conditions.  Well, maybe I'm a bit dramatic.  It wasn't that bad.  We handed out flyers and candy while singing songs from the show.  While I'm on the "Seussical" front, WE OPEN NEXT WEEK!!!  I can't believe how time just keeps slipping away.  It seems like we just started the show.  We have great deal of work to do before next Friday night, but the show is really coming together.  I always freak out during the weeks the precede the show, but I remind myself of a quote from Leonard Bernstein:  "To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time."  Be sure to get your tickets before they are gone!


After I got home from Halloween happenings, we had a few special trick-or-treaters and then I had to hit the books.  Instead of watching Hocus Pocus for the 23980234958th time this season, I took a Music History quiz - the joys of being a college student.  Oh well.  Luckily I have tomorrow "off" if that's what you can call it.  I don't have to go to campus, but I will be catching up on homework, and continuing some classroom observations.

I finally made it to Knoxville for a much needed weekend with my boys!  The stress of school was really getting to me so I'm thankful that I took time to go.  The problem is - I miss them more than ever now.  I've come to realize that we never forget our friends.  We simply learn and adapt to live without seeing them on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis.  After spending the weekend catching up, I realized how much I really miss them.  I guess that's just more of an excuse to go visit more.

I guess that's all for now.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment