Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back to the Grind

I survived my first week back! (well, almost - one more day, but I finish at lunch!)  The early mornings have been brutal, and parking has been horrendous, but other than those types of things, it has been an all-around wonderful first week.  Catching up with all of my friends, especially Chorale family has been wonderful.

Tonight was our first full rehearsal for "Seussical" and boy am I pooped.  They say that is a sign of a wonderful rehearsal - means that we worked hard.  The music in this show is absolutely wonderful, but challenging all the same.  The tenor part is extremely high, but certainly a good work out for the vocal chords - like I don't get enough of that at school, haha!  These notes do come out a bit more easily since we are performing at a half-belt.  Like I said though, I came home physically and vocally exhausted.  My friend Jodie, brought to my attention the wonders of Organic Throat Coat tea.  I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about this product, as I have not been much of a hot tea drinker in the past.  Boy was I wrong.  This stuff is amazing!  Totally soothes the voice and helps me relax after a long rehearsal.

Once again, I've written another short and random post.  Try this tea though!  It really does work.  More about my first week later.  Time for bed.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment